Friday 13 February 2015

Tackling the Terror - The End

So I finished the horror movie, and I may have overreacted a bit. Alright, I'm sure I did...

I've seen this so many times in the past that I'm a bit ashamed I didn't see it this time. It's when a garment looks like a lost cause UNTIL you put all the pieces together. Then you stand back and say, "Oh, yeah. Now I see it."

~The Finished Product~
Simplicity #4244 (with many alterations)
The alterations include:
  • No train
  • No triangle trimmings
  • No standing collar
  • No bows
  • No hem ruffle
  • Added interfacing, lining, and netting to various parts.
  • Added contrast ribbon trim.
  • Added ruched lace as neckline trim


One of my favorite parts of this pattern is the vertical trim on the center from of the skirt. I really like the combination of flat lace and puffed fabric over it. I will probably use it in future projects =) 




Side view showing the nature of the side drapes. The front is pleated into the side seam, then the remaining bit (which you keep out of the seam) is swept back and pleated at its end. The ends of both sides are joined and stitched to the center back. 


Back view. As you can see, there is still some issue with the hang of the fabric here.







1 comment:

  1. It looks brilliant! I like the light, springy cotton. I had long been curious about this pattern, so I am so thankful for your descriptive posts about it. At first, I will admit I was a little nervous it wouldn't work for you, but it turned out adorably and I can't wait to try it myself! How many hours of sewing would you estimate it took to finish?

    ReplyDelete