Monday 18 May 2015

1880s Black Mourning Dress

Every so often, I make something that doesn't really come from a known pattern and/or isn't a direct copy of a fashion plate or something extant. In other words, I just make something up. I flip through the pages of my Dover plate books, get inspiration, and then press all the idea together like soap slivers to make a new, usable bar of soap. So...here is one of my "soap" dresses, LOL.

As with everything, currently on sale on ebay HERE:

Chest: <44"
Waist: 34"
Hem: 40"



 The neckline of the bodice is very low, below the actual bust, and then filled in with a pinned plastron (for low cut) and an added shawl (for high neck).
























1 comment:

  1. Hello, Is this wonderful dress still available for sale? The ebay site said ended but not sold.

    ReplyDelete